– Debut of Lola B98/10 World Sports Car. Competed in selected events including Atlanta, Donington and Mosport, qualifying in the top ten against factory supported efforts and a ninth place overall finish at Mosport.
– Ongoing Nicholson McLaren Twin Turbo engine development of Lola B98/10 with objective to compete in full Sports Car schedule in 2000.
– Campaigned three Ford Mustang Cobras in the Motorola Cup North American Street Stock Championship.
– Won Ford’s first ever Manufacturer’s Championship in showroom stock racing.
– Finished second in the Team Championship in this series with nine podium finishes including wins at Sebring, Mosport and Trois-Rivieres. Multimatic also received the “Motorola High Tech Team” award.
– Scott Maxwell led the team to its best Grand Sport season ever, setting five new track records at Atlanta, Mosport, Trois-Rivieres, Watkins Glen and Daytona. He received the Hoosier award for most pole positions (8 out of 9) and the Speed Stick Award for the most fastest laps. Teammate Greg Wilkins secured four podium finishes including three wins.
Click here to watch race recaps of the 1999 Motorola Cup.