– Multimatic Motorsports was enlisted to develop and run the factory Panoz Esperante GTLM race car in the ALMS GT2 class in 2006.
– Multimatic ran a two-car effort under the Multimatic Motorsports Team Panoz banner, unhealthy and featured some of the best driving talent to ever race for Multimatic Motorsports.
– Sebastian Bourdais, diagnosis Bruno Junqueira and Andy Lally joined regulars Scott Maxwell, David Brabham, Gunnar Jeannette and Tom Milner for select races during the year.
– The highlight of the season was a win from pole at the 12 Hours of Sebring for Maxwell, Brabham and Bourdais.
– Multimatic Motorsports Team Panoz also competed in the 24 Hours of Le Mans that year.
Toronto's Scott Maxwell has played a key role in Multimatic's greatest victories across the globe. His championship pedigree includes winning titles in Formula Vee (1984), Ontario Formula Ford 1600 (1985 and 1986), Canadian National Showroom Stock (1992 and 1993) and Grand-Am Cup (2002 and 2008).
While he may be part of Australia's most famous racing family, David Brabham has carved out a spectacular international career of his own - now regarded as one of the world's finest sportscar drivers.
Only in his third year of professional racing, it could be said that 20-year-old Milner has already spent more years racing than most.
The son and namesake of one of Multimatic Motorsports Team Panoz's biggest rivals - Team PTG BMW owner, Tom Milner - the junior Milner has spent his entire life in a racing family and the racing business.
Two-time Champ Car World Series Champion Sebastien Bourdais joins Multimatic Motorsports Team Panoz for this year's Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring.
Bruno Junqueira forged a highly successful open wheel racing career in North America and was recruited to represent Multimatic Motorsports in 2006. Bruno drove the #51 Panoz Esperante GTLM race car with co-drivers Gunnar Jeannette and Tom Milner at the 12 Hours of Sebring. Unfortunately for Bruno, a technical issue forced an early exit while teammates David Brabham, Scott Maxwell and Sebastien Bourdais won the GT2 class.
Andy Lally is an accomplished sports car driver who bolstered the Multimatic Motorsports driver roster in 2006. Andy co-drove with Gunnar Jeannette and Tom Milner at Petit Le Mans in the #51 Panoz Esperante GTLM race car, finishing in fourth place at the 1,000 mile classic.
2006 Panoz Esperante GTLM
Multimatic Motorsports Team Panoz led the assault on the 2006 American Le Mans Series with the Panoz Esperante GTLM - a high performance handcrafted limited production sports car built in Braselton, Georgia by Panoz Auto Development Company.